We train participants to write strategically
This will help them think more strategically –
They cause action, they cause change, they influence others, they lead, they solve problems.
We train participants to write clearly
This will help them think more clearly –
They analyze and synthesize information more quickly, they predict readers’ needs more accurately and they express every idea in simpler, more natural language.
We train participants to write authentically
This will help them build relationships with their readers –
They avoid conflict, they show empathy and cultural sensitivity, they collaborate, they take ownership, they become more honest, open, and humble.
We blend tailored workshops with personal coaching and personal tutorials
We ensure each participant:
– enjoys the benefits of an interactive, peer-learning environment and a highly personalized coaching environment
– transfers his/her new skills from the classroom environment into his/her workplace environment
– works only on his or her own workplace writing tasks throughout the coaching phase
– develops good writing habits that he/she retains in the long-term.
We measure progress.
You will receive a detailed statistical analysis of each participant’s performance and of the group’s performance.
We measure each participant’s skills:
– several times throughout the coaching period
– against a range of evaluation criteria each time
– against your organization’s communication goals.
They perceived that they had improved by 44% after the program.
- 9.4 10
They rated the extent to which they agreed with the statement,
“I would recommend this program to my colleagues” at an average of 9.4 out of 10.0.
- 86.1 100.0
They awarded us a Net Promotor Score of 86.1/100.0 To read more about NPS, click here
They improved their writing skills by 22% during the coaching phase alone.
Our programs blend workshop training with personal coaching and personal tutorials. After the workshop, each participant receives 3 or 4 cycles of personal coaching. In each cycle, the participant receives guidance on his or her own workplace writing.
Environment – Classroom
Interaction – Group
Skills – Acquisition
Environment – Workplace
Skills – Application
Environment – Workplace
Skills – Retention
During the coaching cycle, each participant:
- benefits from collaborative, peer learning and then from individual attention.
- transfers his or her skills under supervision from the classroom into the workplace
- applies new skills within his or her own context
- unlearns old habits and develops new ones.
Where have we trained?
Dar Es Salaam
- Vishal Must admit, this was one of the best trainings I have attended in my career thus far. Excellent material and delivery.
- Pauline The good news is, since I taken the class, "simplicity" is in my mind whenever I write. I ask myself "is this what you want to tell the reader?" every time I am writing. If it not, I rewrite the entire sentence. Your class is very helpful. Thank you.
- Luke Taking this opportunity, I would like to highlight that this EWW skill course was the one of the most helpful learning courses in my 17-year banking career. I do recommend as many of my colleagues in Korea as possible to take this class.
- Ali Dear Simon, Thank you very much for your coaching. I have thoroughly enjoyed it and am delighted with what I have learnt. I look forward to our tutorial.
- Pratik I'd like to assure you that I do take more care while writing and I can feel an improvement. Of course perfection will take time and may not even be achievable! The course has been of immense use to me and anyone who asks me for a feedback will always get a positive one. At some point in time, I will also get some of own staff to attend it.
- KM The training was really effective in improving overall my writing as well as business communication. I am hoping that more of my employees will be able to join this valuable training. Thanks for your heart-felt efforts and dedication to this training.
- Millie You do not know how many times I think about "Writing Coach" every time I communicate to anyone! It has truly been a transformation for me. Thank you for your tireless effort during the program.
- Paula This training forced me to remind myself and to apply skills by submitting my writing. This training is VERY useful - I can directly apply it to my daily work. This is different from any other training I have received. I shared as well with my line manager and colleagues.
- Amit Thanks Dr Simon, I must say I am finding this course very useful . I actually went through your feedback point by point for my last revision.
Dr Simon Miles
BSc (Hons), PhD, RSA Cert. TEFLA,
Cambridge Dip. ELTA
Founding partner of My Writing Coach in 2006. Training in Asia for 25 years. Ran the corporate training division of Centre for Professional & Business English (CPBE) at HK Polytechnic University for 5 years. Experienced teacher trainer. Coached thousands of senior managers. Trained in 21 countries
MA (TESOL), BSc (Hons), RSA Cert. TEFLA
Training in Asia for over 30 years. A Masters Degree in Teaching English as a Second Language. An examiner for University of Cambridge suite of
exams, incl. IELTS. Experienced teacher trainer. A specialist in self-directed, life-long learning. A past Senior Culture & Communication Specialist with Microsoft in Bangalore, India
BA (Hons) English,
PGDip (Applied Linguistics), DTEFLA
Training in Asia for over 25 years.
Former head of the Centre for Professional and Business English (CPBE) at HK Polytechnic University. Leading contributor to the development of the My Writing Coach model in early 2000s. Experienced teacher trainer. An examiner for University of Cambridge suite of exams, incl. IELT
BA (Hons), RSA Cert. TEFLA,
Cambridge Dip. ELTA
Training in Asia for 10 years. A specialist in writing for the finance sector. Focused on self-directed, life-long learning, culturally aware, having lived and worked on 4 continents.An experienced teacher trainer and curriculum designer. Post-graduate qualification in teaching.
An examiner for University of Cambridge suite of exams, incl. IELTS
Nicola is British.
Tay Her Lim
BEng (Hons: 1st class)
Founding partner of My Writing Coach in 2006. 12 years’ experience in the financial services industry (buy side and sell side). Sell side: recognised by the Financial Times as one of the top 10 stock pickers in Asia. Buy side: ranked within the top 20% of his peers for three years. Specialist in intercultural communication and plain English for the financial services industry. Tay is Malaysian and fluent in four languages.